Director James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 starring Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Elizabeth Debicki, Chris Sullivan, Sean Gunn, Tommy Flanagan, Laura Haddock, Sylvester Stallone and Kurt Russell is now confirmed to debut on home video August 8th on Digital HD.
In addition, Disney has selected Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 to be their first 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray title. It will be released alongside Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD editions on August 22nd.
Update: Amazon has their pages to buy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 on disc-based formats ready to go and should activate the link sometime Monday night. Here are the direct links to the various formats:
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. on DVD at Amazon.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 on 4K Ultra HD will features Dolby Atmos audio and both Dolby Vision and HDR-10. The Blu-ray 3D version is sold separately from 4K.
The following extras are on the Blu-ray physical versions:
- The Making of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” – A four-part, behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, done in the style of classic-rock album liner notes.
- Visionary Intro – Director James Gunn provides context on how he continues and expands the storylines of these beloved characters in “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.”
- Guardians Inferno Music Video – Join David Hasselhoff and special guests for a galactic retro dance party.
- Gag Reel – Laugh out loud at all the hilarious off-script shenanigans and bloopers that took place on the set of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” featuring all your favorite Guardians.
- Four Deleted Scenes – Check out four specific scenes that had to be cut from the film, including two extended scenes and two deleted scenes.
- Audio Commentary – Check out a special narration of the film by director James Gunn, who guides fans through an inside look at the making of the movie.
These extras are exclusive to Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere:
- Three Scene Breakdowns (Digital Exclusives) – We’ll reveal the anatomy of a few key scenes from the film. Discover the process in bringing these scenes to life. It starts with a doodle and the rest is film history. Audiences will be given the option to view 5-6 layers of specific scenes in the film. Scenes include “Eclector Escape,” “Gamora and Nebula,” and “Rocket and Ravagers.”
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! (Digital Exclusive) – Get an exclusive sneak peek inside the most anticipated ride at Disneyland, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!. We’ll dig into the concepts and inspiration, and talk about what it took to bring the most epic ride at Disneyland to life.