Writer and Director Paul Feig’s 2016 Ghostbusters remake answer’s the call for home video with more than a handful of additional minutes sewn in to help sway the mind of the film’s many naysayers.
Officially titled Ghostbusters: Answer the Call, the female-fueled remake starring Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Leslie Jones, Kate McKinnon and Chris Hemsworth first arrives September 27th on Digital HD. The Ghostbusters: Answer the Call 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD editions arrive a couple weeks later on October 11th.
All home video versions of Ghostbusters: Answer the Call sans the DVD edition will include a new extended cut that adds 17 additional minutes to the film, pushing the run time up to 133 minutes.
The theatrical cut is also included on the 4K (featuring Dolby Atmos audio), Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray combo packs with all contents listed below.
- Ghostbusters Extended Edition & Theatrical Version
- 2 Hysterically Haunting Gag Reels
- 4 Unearthed deleted scenes
- 11 Totally Possessed Alternate Scenes and more than 60 minutes of additional extended and alternate scenes with Ultraviolet download
- 6 Jokes-A-Plenty alternate take reels
- “Chris Hemsworth is ‘Kevin’”
- “The Ghosts of Ghostbusters”
- “Meet the Team”
- “Visual Effects: 30 Years Later”
- “Slime Time”
- Filmmaker Commentaries
- Photo Gallery
I’m going to quote the next line from the press release as it talks about a 3D effect that will appear on the non-3D Blu-ray. “In addition to hours of special features, the Blu-ray release has been customized to give the ultimate in-home viewing experience. Using a dynamic frame break effect, you will see proton streams and ghosts leap off the screen! ”
Here’s the Ghostbusters: Answer the Call 4K UHD Blu-ray combo cover art.