Get the Queen soundtrack ready because Arrow Video is bringing the new Flash Gordon 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray release to the United States on August 18th.
Pre-order Flash Gordon Limited Edition on 4K at Amazon, already a bestseller!
For it 4K debut, Studiocanal has created a new 4K restoration from the original camera negative approved by director Mike Hodges. This presentation is offered in Dolby Vision HDR. The audio options include 5.1 and 2.0 stereo DTS-HD Master audio tracks.
There will be two versions of the new Flash Gordon 4K UHD release available to own, which also mirror two new Blu-ray editions. The standard edition will come with everything listed here on a 4K disc for the 4K UHD, or a Blu-ray Disc for the Blu-ray release.
- Archival audio commentary with Mike Hodges
- Archival audio commentary with Brian Blessed
- Interviews with actors Sam J. Jones, Melody Anderson, Brian Blessed, Queen icon Brian May, composer Howard Blake, and poster designer Renato Casaro
- Behind the Scenes of Flash Gordon – an archival documentary on the making of the film
- Archival interviews with Mike Hodges, screenwriter Lorenzo Semple Jr., comic book artist Alex Ross
- Lost in Space: Nic Roeg’s Flash Gordon – a new documentary program exploring the version Roeg (The Man Who Fell to Earth) had originally planned to make with producer Dino De Laurentiis
- Gremlin’s Finest Hour – an episode from the animated Flash Gordon TV show written by J. Michael Reaves from November 1982
- Deleted scenes and original endings – prop collector Bob Lindenmayer discusses dropped sequences and sequel ideas
- 35th Anniversary Greenroom featurette – Mike Hodges meets the cast for the first time since filming at the 35th anniversary reunion
- 35th Anniversary Reunion featurette – the cast and crew discuss Flash Gordon
- Entertainment Earth on Flash Gordon merchandise
- Storyboards gallery
- Stills gallery
- Original Trailer
- Easter Eggs
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Adam Rabalais
The Limited Edition includes all of the above plus a second Blu-ray Disc with a slew of additional bonus features and physical goodies.
- Booklet featuring new writing on the film by critics and film historians including Neil Snowdon, Dennis Cozzalio, John-Paul Checkett, A.K. Benedict, and Kat Ellinger illustrated with original stills
- Fold-out double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork
- Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproductions, alternative posters and promotional images
- Limited Edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Adam Rabalais
- 2017 feature length documentary by filmmaker Lisa Downs on the rollercoaster life of Sam J. Jones since his role in Flash Gordon, featuring the main cast and crew as well as a host of fans including Stan Lee, Robert Rodriguez, Mark Millar and more!
- Sam J. Jones – a variety of interviews and featurettes including coverage of a script read from the Chattanooga Film Festival, Sam discussing his career in Mexico, his “prayer walk”, and more
- Melody Paintings Extended – actress Melody Anderson talks about her love of painting and talks about various pieces displayed in her home
- Topol – a variety of interviews with the actor on his collections, awards and charity work
- Brian Blessed – the actor recounts amusing stories about Flash Gordon
- Late, Great Wyngarde – actor Peter Wyngarde discusses his experiences filming Flash Gordon and his relationship with Mike Hodges
- Deep Roy – the actor raps about ambition and recounts an amusing story about Eastbound & Down
- Alex Ross Talks Early Art – the artist talks about Flash Gordon and the many pieces of art he created for it from childhood to modern day
- Tell Me More About the This Man Houdini – actor Rich Fuller and Jason Lenzi, founder of toy brand Bif Bang Pow, discuss a scene from Flash Gordon
- Comic Con early draft – A featurette looking at the phenomenon that is Comic Con, featuring interviews with attendees and a host of regular talent including Sam J. Jones, Rich Fulton, Jason Mewes, Michael Rooker, Claudia Wells, and more
- Interview with Lisa Downs – the director of Life After Flash explores her motivation to make the film and experiences during the production
- Life After Flash on the Road – a variety of featurettes on the film travelling to various festivals and production including Q&A excerpts with the Flash Gordon cast, behind-the-scenes footage, Kickstarter funding video