Jim Henson’s 1982 cult classic The Dark Crystal movie is gearing up for a return to the limelight in 2018 with a new Netflix series, brief return to cinemas this February, and a debut on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray.
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has locked in March 6th, 2018 as The Dark Crystal 4K UHD Blu-ray release date in celebration of the film’s recent 35th anniversary. On that same date the studio will re-release a Blu-ray version in new digi-book packaging (see above) and a new transfer based off the newly remastered 4K version.
Both the 4K and Blu-ray editions of The Dark Crystal comes with all the legacy bonus features and one all-new extra. ‘The Myth, Magic and Henson Legacy’ takes viewers behind the scenes of this iconic film with stories from Lisa Henson and Toby Froud.
Legacy extras include:
- Deleted Scenes
- Commentary with Brian Froud
- Picture-in-Picture Storyboard Track
- Original Skeksis Language Scenes with Introduction by Screenwriter David Odell
- The World of The Dark Crystal Documentary
- Reflections of The Dark Crystal: “Light on the Path of Creation” & “Shard of Illusion”
- Photo Galleries
- Theatrical Teaser & Trailer
Pre-order The Dark Crystal on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray combo at Amazon.