We take notice when Blue Underground announces a new 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray title as their track record thus far is as close to perfection as possible.
Next up in the Blue Underground 4K collection will be the 1981 horror-thriller Dead & Buried from director Gary A. Sherman (Vice Squad) in celebration of the film’s 40th anniversary this year. The film stars James Farentino (The Final Countdown), Jack Albertson (Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory), Melody Anderson (Flash Gordon), Lisa Blount (Prince of Darkness) and Robert Englund (A Nightmare on Elm Street).
The Dead & Buried tech specs are unsurprisingly impressive from Blue Underground. Expect a 4K restoration from the 35mm IP approved by Director of Photography Steven, Dolby Vision HDR, as well as Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD MA audio options.
Dead & Buried restored in 4K will be a loaded three-disc Limited Edition release; 4K, newly remastered Blu-ray, and the soundtrack on CD. A collectible booklet, reversible sleeve and one of three different lenticular covers for the first pressing only are joined by these bonus features:
- Audio Commentary #1 with Director Gary Sherman
- Audio Commentary #2 with Co-Writer/Co-Producer Ronald Shusett and Actress Linda Turley
- Audio Commentary #3 with Director of Photography Steven Poster, ASC
- NEW! Audio Commentary #4 with Film Historians Troy Howarth and Nathaniel Thompson
- NEW! Behind the Scenes of Dead & Buried
- NEW! Dead & Buried Locations: Now &Then
- NEW! Murders, Mystery, and Music – Interviews with Director Gary Sherman and Composer Joe Renzetti
- NEW! The Pages of Potters Bluff – Interview with Novelization Author Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
- Stan Winston & Dead & Buried EFX
- Robert Englund: An Early Work of Horror
- Dan O’Bannon: Crafting Fear
- Theatrical Trailers
- NEW! Poster & Still Galleries
- Steven Poster’s Location Stills
- BONUS! DEAD & BURIED Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD by Joe Renzetti
- BONUS! Collectible Booklet with new essay by Michael Gingold