Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has revealed their plans to unleash the all-new CGI-animated feature Resident Evil: Vendetta both theatrically and on home video this summer.
The first appearance of Resident Evil: Vendetta will be June 19th for a special one day-only theatrical engagement in select cities. After those showings the home video debut will occur the following day exclusively on Digital HD.
Those of you waiting for the Resident Evil: Vendetta 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray (3 discs), Blu-ray and DVD release better be patient as those physical disc versions won’t be available to take home until nearly a month later on July 18th. The 4K version will include Dolby Vision HDR marking Sony’s first foray into the Dolby HDR format.
Resident Evil: Vendetta features fan-favorites Chris Redfield (Kevin Dorman) and Leon S. Kennedy (Matthew Mercer), along with the debut of Rebecca Chambers (Erin Cahill). Bonus features are as follows:
- Three featurettes:
- The Creature
- Motion Capture Set Tour with Dante Carver
- CGI to Reality: Designing Vendetta
- Still gallery (30 sketches/designs)
- Filmmaker Audio Commentary (in Japanese) with Director Takanori Tsujimoto, Executive Producer Takashi Shimizu and Writer Makoto Fukami
- BONUS DISC with three featurettes:
- BSAA Mission Briefing: Combat Arias
- Designing The World of Vendetta
- 2016 Tokyo Game Show Footage
Here’s the official synopsis:
BSAA Chris Redfield enlists the help of government agent Leon S. Kennedy and Professor Rebecca Chambers from Alexander Institute of Biotechnology to stop a death merchant with a vengeance from spreading a deadly virus in New York.